Welcome to Acheron Gaming!
Forum software by XenForo

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user. Sign up or
Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions.

the_rocksters Operator Application

Discussion in '[OPEN] Operator Applications' started by Noah Rock, Aug 26, 2015.

Noah Rock New Member

Start a Conversation
    Message Count:
    PART 1: General Information:

Username on Minecraft: the_rockster

Rough estimate of your time there so far: 0, I have been gone for a long time

What Timezone are you in: GMT

Past experience with being an operator or above on another server (name and experience):
    I was a full Owner for a server named "Sunken Sanctums" which was up for only a year until Minecraft changed it's security policies.

PART 2: Survey

You see someone breaking the rules, yet no ops are available to help you, and you're not op yet. What do you do?:
    First make sure they know that they are breaking the rules just in-case they are unaware. If they continue or ignore me, I would start to record or take screenshots of them breaking the rules, and either contact an admin on Skype or any available on the forum. If no one is available, I would post the pictures in a ban report on the forum.

Why do you want Administrator status?:
    I would like to help out with the server as I remember from my many hours of playing that there are hardly any admins on most of the time. I used to play a lot and I had a lot of fun, but I was always worried that anyone could come on the server and break the rules without my knowledge. So since I play a lot, I think I would be perfect for late night moderating, and I would love to give back for the many hours of entertainment the community brought me.

What have you done to help this server so far, and/or how do you plan to help once you become an administrator?:
    I have not helped the server yet, because I used to be someone who would come on the server for a while and work on my own projects. But if I become an admin, I plan on making the server a safer place (safer being subjective, I mainly mean a more rule enforced place if that makes sense). Along with that, I will be willing to help out in any way that I can, whenever I can.

Another admin is pestering you, and you have the rank of admin as well. What do you do?:
    I would first let him know that as an admin you must be professional, and behavior like that isn't tolerated. If he continues, I would discuss the situation with other admins/owners if they are online. If they are not, I would talk to him/her in private message so that the server is kept as a friendly environment, and attempt to control the situation without making it worse.

A user accuses you of abusing your administrative powers for your own personal gain, they will not be swayed from their opinion what do you do?:
    I would first ask the user what exactly I am abusing. If they were correct and I was in fact abusing my powers, I would stop immediately and let them know that I will remember not to abuse my powers anymore. If I wasn't doing anything wrong, I would explain to them that what I was doing is not actually abusive of my power. If they keep accusing me even after I explain the situation, I would warn them to stop.

You are an op, someone complains that a user, (One whom you trust) is guilty of breaking the rules. How do you handle this situation?:
    I would first question the user complaining about the person I trust, and figure out what their complaint is and what he/she was doing wrong. I would then talk to the person I trust and tell them the situation and ask if they were in fact breaking the rules. If they were, I would warn them, and let the person issuing the complaint know that the situation has been dealt with. If the person I trust did not own up to breaking the rules, I would check if I have any proof of them doing it. If I did, I would either warn them or ban/temp ban them depending on the situation. If I don't have any proof, I would have to further investigate, and then act accordingly to what I find.

Have you read the server rules, and are you prepared to take precious time out of your day to actually moderate the SMP server; or are you just going to ignore your duties and focus entirely on building your 900:1 pixel art of Space Ghost?:
    I have read the rules and I am more than prepared to take time out of my day to help the community out-- and no, I will not focus on my own buildings

In very few words, describe yourself.:
    A nerd with too much free time

Signed:

Noah Rock

Noah Rock New Member

Start a Conversation
    Message Count:
    Also I don't know how to make polls
    • Sectional Moderator

Aaron Moderator

Start a Conversation
    Message Count:
    1. Being gone for a long time is a HUGE no-no for applying for a position.
    2. SMP is not currently active. Go check out the Pixelmon server if you'd like.