Welcome to Acheron Gaming!
Forum software by XenForo

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user. Sign up or
Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions.

power_Of_kostas ban appeal

Discussion in 'Ban Appeals' started by _D_Force_, Oct 27, 2015.

?

should power_of_kostas be unbanned

Yes 3 vote(s) 42.9%
No 4 vote(s) 57.1%

_D_Force_ New Member

Start a Conversation
    Message Count:
    Username on Minecraft:
    power_of_kostas
    Rough estimate of your time on our Pixelmon server so far:
    2-3 weeks
    Name of the Operator who banned you:
    Hexastara

~A brief description of circumstances that lead to the ban~
    banned for griefing

~Why do you believe you should be unbanned (This should properly explain your reasons)~
    power_of_kostas wouldnt do anything like that because we play minecraft 2 years now and he hasnt ever griefed someone.
    ~In closing

Signed:_D_Force_ for power_of_kostas

BrettCarrie Member

Start a Conversation
    Message Count:
    As the screenshot above shows I found evidence of the grief and then rolled it back to show the extent of the damage. I checked the area to see if power had built, dug or anything like that and found nothing so I did a wide scale rollback with a long time to save me time in the command screen.

Although it was only 37 blocks, these were glass blocks and wood blocks from SEVERAL different buildings in the area. This town had already been griefed at around about the same time by another player which makes me think that, potentially, they did the grief together. Both players are now banned.

I, personally, am not in favour of unbanning due to the obviously malicious nature of the grief with several buildings being broken. I await other responses.
    cerazyn likes this.

BrettCarrie Member

Start a Conversation
    Message Count:

_D_Force_ New Member

Start a Conversation
    Message Count:
    I dont know how it says power_of_kostas since he didnt do anything if he claimed blocks maybe accidentlly because he doesnt know anything about claiming.

BrettCarrie Member

Start a Conversation
    Message Count:
    Unfortunately logblock only details changes to a block and not to the area it is in. We then tell the server to replace the changed blocks with their originals before the grief happened. Zones, claims and protections have no effect on logblock.

power_of_kostas New Member

Start a Conversation
    Message Count:
    If i wanted to grief you I would put blocks and steal staff from the chests but this never happened so I probably accidently claimed it.

BrettCarrie Member

Start a Conversation
    Message Count:
    There were no unlocked chests in the area, so you couldn't have stolen from chests and you broke blocks. Claiming an area doesn't affect the logblock of that area, so it physically isn't possible that you "accidentally claimed it" and blocks just so happened to break.

power_of_kostas New Member

Start a Conversation
    Message Count:
    First of all what means logblock and if I can't stole from chests and I cant place or broke blocks what is the reason to claim your land?

BrettCarrie Member

Start a Conversation
    Message Count:
    logblock is what we use to check griefs and find out who broke what or placed what. You can't steal from chests due to chest protection, which is separate from our land claiming. Claiming land prevents people from being able to break or place blocks without your permission, the land you griefed wasn't protected but the chests were. The town was built before we changed from towny to our current land protection so the owner probably just hasn't got around to doing it yet.

_D_Force_ New Member

Start a Conversation
    Message Count:
    he didnt grief anyone idk why you say that he griefed

BrettCarrie Member

Start a Conversation
    Message Count:
    Because the evidence shows that he griefed. I found the grief then fixed it before banning him. The evidence shows that 37 blocks had to be fixed, but this damage was across several buildings.

_D_Force_ New Member

Start a Conversation
    Message Count:
    who did he grief?

BrettCarrie Member

Start a Conversation
    Message Count:

Nick_The_Greek New Member

Start a Conversation
    Message Count:
    Hey im friend of power_of_kostas.We met at minecraft and we play minigames and Op factions.On the factions he never grief because he feel bad to destroy the work of other people so i dont think he griefed in this server

BrettCarrie Member

Start a Conversation
    Message Count:
    I understand that you don't want your friend to be banned but there is evidence that PROOVES BEYOND REASONABLE DOUBT that he did grief. And "I don't think he did it" ISNT sufficient evidence to reject that...

Tulaash New Member

Start a Conversation
    Message Count:
    I feel that power_of_kostas should not be unbanned for undeniable proof of griefing and arguing with the staff after proof has been shown. You're really going to have to prove to us that you deserve to be unbanned, not just by saying, "I didn't do it" after we found proof.

BrettCarrie Member

Start a Conversation
    Message Count:
    Arguing with staff within a ban appeal is generally acceptable as long as it's respectful, although you have a point in that we need proof of your innocence or SOMETHING to warrant an unban.

_D_Force_ New Member

Start a Conversation
    Message Count:
    how can he prove it?

_D_Force_ New Member

Start a Conversation
    Message Count:
    How Can He Prove That He Didnt Grief?