Welcome to Acheron Gaming!
Forum software by XenForo

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user. Sign up or
Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions.

Minecraft 1.6 Pre-release Review

Discussion in 'Unboxing/Reviews' started by Aaron, Jun 9, 2013.

?

Is 1.6 Good or Bad?

Good 7 vote(s) 77.8%
Bad 0 vote(s) 0.0%
Undecided 2 vote(s) 22.2%
    • Sectional Moderator

Aaron Moderator

Start a Conversation
    Message Count:
    I have been looking through the snapshot that Mojang released, and I decided to do a little review on it. I have to say, there are ups and downs, but overall it seems pretty decent.
    [IMG]I don't know what to think of leads... They are pretty good for pulling around horses and donkeys, but I didn't realize it would work on other animals. Gonna say this now, hanging chickens and cows is kind of fun! Overall, I think the lead was a great idea. (Sidenote; shouldn't have put the wolves next to the sheep..)

[IMG]I thought this one was really interesting! After I sat there for a while, it went through the entire stack of emeralds and had more fire to spare! Sure, it takes 9 coal to make one block, but I think it's crazy worth it if you have lots of crud to smelt. Overall, big fan! Absolutely good idea to add!

[IMG]This one was a bit harder to spot for me. I was basically screwing around on 1.6 and I spawned a villager. I hit it, and I heard Squidward. Honestly, no joke. Villagers sound like Squidward. Overall... I have no idea what to say.

[IMG]Being a horse rider, I do like horses myself, but I am sort of neutral about this. They dont have much of a point other than they can wear armour and ride fast. The donkeys could be useful for mining because they carry chests, but the horses just have a lot of health and look cool. Now, I do believe they added skeleton horses for skeletons and zombie horses for zombies, but I was unable to spawn one. Overall, basically neutral.

[IMG][IMG]I actually like this stuff a good amount. It allows for cool flooring in houses and makes for better pixelart. It does seem fairly useless, but its pretty much all decor. Overall, pretty cool, but pretty useless.

[IMG][IMG]All I have to say about hay bales is this: Utterly pointless. We could of just used hay. Name tags, pretty cool, could be used for distinguishing horses, but not much more than that. I think it can be used on other animals though. Overall, meh...

[IMG]I thought this was pretty interesting. The crafting recipe is tripwire hook+chest, and it sends out a redstone signal! Gonna be honest, the signal is very weak (1 block radius), but it could be used for awesome traps! Overall, good for many things, but could be better.

Comments or questions can be posted below!

~Aaron
    __Crowley__ and Sportsfan666 like this.

maVERYck Member

Start a Conversation
    Message Count:
    there needs to be more foods, new mobs, and more ways to use obsidian.

Pinheadd Member

Start a Conversation
    Message Count:
    Also, trapped chests were added in 1.5 not 1.6

cerazyn Member

Start a Conversation
    Message Count:
    hay bales are intended to hold hay and be used to feed animals or something like that. needless to say, it's not working out too well
    • Sectional Moderator

Morgiepie42 Pixelmon Sectional Mod

Start a Conversation
    Message Count:
    isn't carpet just colored wool
    • Sectional Moderator

Aaron Moderator

Start a Conversation
    Message Count:
    Nope, its basically thinner.

Warenbuffet New Member

Start a Conversation
    Message Count:
    Most significant change in the Minecraft 1.6 is the they have changed Texture Pack name into Resource Pack.. Any Guess how will TooManyItems Mod will look like.

x_creeper New Member

Start a Conversation
    Message Count:
    Not just the name :p. Resource packs allow textures, sound, music, language files, and end credits to be modified in the pack. Big step towards the Modding API.

Valsis New Member

Start a Conversation
    Message Count:
    From what I've seen, the major update is in forcing people to download the new launcher to play in 1.6.1 otherwise they wont be able to play, not forgetting that modding the game it's now more complicated than before.

LimeFrog Guest

Start a Conversation
    Message Count:
    i still got the old launcher .. so i can play on acheron server with it .. since it's still 1.5 there ... but the new one looks stupid and ugly
    also is it me or the new launcher takes longer to load ...

Valsis New Member

Start a Conversation
    Message Count:
    It does indeed however, something I noticed, with optifine installed (yeah I made it to install optifine haha) it loads super fast.

Jls Warlord 360 New Member

Start a Conversation
    Message Count:
    About time horses were officially added.