Welcome to Acheron Gaming!
Forum software by XenForo

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user. Sign up or
Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions.

[June] ~Monthly Agenda~

Discussion in 'News' started by Sportsfan666, Jun 1, 2015.

?

What are you most excited for?

Map changes. 2 vote(s) 16.7%
Voting changes. 2 vote(s) 16.7%
New donation system. 0 vote(s) 0.0%
New events. 8 vote(s) 66.7%
    • Community Manager

Sportsfan666 Community Manager

Start a Conversation
    Message Count:
    June Overview
    As school ends and summer begins, we are preparing to welcome an influx of new players. Current users have probably seen a few changes around the map. Throughout this month, we are hoping to make cosmetic changes to make the server more welcoming and interactive. We have several other new innovations planned for the month, so be sure to read below. The following posts have information about various server related stuff. If you have questions, post them below or shoot me a message! PS - I will come up with a clever name for our monthly update threads at some point.
    • Community Manager

Start a Conversation
    Message Count:
    Map Changes
    We have quite a few plans for the map, so keep your eyes open! All towns are getting a bit of a makeover to be more appealing to players. One major change we have is the introduction of "Pokemon companions" around the map. These statues will give helpful hints and guidance to players. At least one town will receive a total makeover, but the gym type will stay the same. As well as remodeling current parts of the map, we plan to add more parts for you to enjoy. I'm not going to give away all the fun additions we have in store, but one of them has been requested for quite some time - Another will benefit more experienced players. We plan to have team Magma and Aqua more prevalent in the new map...so expect the bases to get a major makeover as well!
    • Community Manager

Start a Conversation
    Message Count:
    Voting Changes
    Voting is vital to server popularity, so I'd like to start this section by thanking all of our loyal voters! We have had our current voting system place (every vote = a chance at different rewards) since our server opened, but now we are offering some secondary incentive for players who keep at it and vote often. Starting this month (and continuing for future months if it gets popular) we are introducing a raffle. The way the raffle works is that you get a ticket for every ten times you vote. Tickets give you chances to win great prizes! If you want more info on the raffle, check the threads below. Again, thanks for voting!

For easy access to the voting sites, the voting links have been listed at this thread.

The June Raffle thread can be found on this thread.

• Community Manager

Start a Conversation
    Message Count:
    New Donation System
    Donations help keep the server and forums running, so read this through if you are interested in supporting us! This system will be introduced sometime during this month, but I can give an overview of it now. The way the new system will work is that there will be various server wide bonuses that can be activated. Each bonus will have a specific (monetary) goal. When players donate, they can decide which bonus to apply their donation to. When the bonus reaches it's goal, the bonus will be applied for the following weekend and everyone can enjoy it. Possible bonuses will include increased legendary spawning, increased shiny spawning, an increased xp modifier (Pokemon earn maturity faster), and changes to egg breeding/hatching time. These are not set in stone yet, so feel free to share any other bonus ideas you have in mind! We are still discussing what actual contributors will receive. When this system is ready to be released, I will post a new topic and link it here. If you have any questions (or if you are interested in) donation, send me a message!
    • Community Manager

Start a Conversation
    Message Count:
    New Events
    Events! We plan to make Team Magma and Team Aqua more prevalent in the server. One way we plan to achieve this is by introducing more events that focus on the conflict between the two teams. These events are not planned yet, but we will inform you guys as soon as we have anything decisive. These events will range greatly, as will the prizes. Events will most likely be planned around the server peak times. As stated earlier, this thread will update as we plan more stuff out. In the meantime, be sure to join one of the two teams!
    • Community Manager

Start a Conversation
    Message Count:
    Pledge Week!
    Please read through this post to prevent confusion. Ask questions here if you have any! (This is copied from our old pledge week)

To simplify my idea here, we are going to allow more players a chance at being a leader. First and foremost, the requirement for gymleader has been lowered to Ace Trainer! If you currently have four or more badges, feel free to apply. With this new experiment, players will be allowed to apply for up to three gyms. After they apply, the leaders of the gyms they applied for will be able to decide whether or not they want to take the new leaders "under their wing."

As stated above, applicants will be able to apply for up to three gyms. The gyms will be listed under the "what gym are you hoping to own" section. If the current leaders think you would make a good leader, they will message you and offer you a spot. If you are messaged by multiple gyms, you can decide which to go to. If you are not messaged, you can try again next time! You may apply for any gym, but keep in mind the number of open spots, current leaders, and gym type. If you currently have an open application, please edit if needed.

Finally, any applicants who are accepted will become trial gym leaders. Basically, you will be watched carefully to see if you can be a successful Gym Leader. If not, you will be trained to do better or demoted if you are a lost cause. If you do show what it takes to be successful, congrats! I probably over complicated things, so I'm going to put a simple list of steps that will be taken below.

1. Applicants apply for Gym Leader - Listing up to three gyms they would like to be part of.
    2. Applications get normal feedback.
    3. Current Gym Leaders will pick players who are interested in their gym.
    4. Some skilled players will be promoted to gymleader!
    5. Trial process will begin for new leaders.
    6. Some time later, we will have new permanent leaders.
    7. This process starts over when we need more leaders!