Welcome to Acheron Gaming!
Forum software by XenForo

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user. Sign up or
Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions.

[4/1/2015] Looking Ahead

Discussion in 'News' started by Sportsfan666, Apr 2, 2015.

?

Which of these three moderators would you like to see promoted to Operator?

Kingmoonpie 10 vote(s) 47.6%
JabbaTheJake 6 vote(s) 28.6%
Demuklos 5 vote(s) 23.8%
    • Community Manager

Sportsfan666 Community Manager

Start a Conversation
    Message Count:
    Disclaimer - this is not an April Fool's Day joke, we are not that sneaky. ;)

After an extensive skype conference with a handful of Pixelmon staff members, we have decided on a few new updates that should enhance the server. The updates, listed below, will hopefully help make the server more enjoyable for older users and more welcoming to new ones.

Staff Updates!
    First off, I'd like to thank all of our current staff for all of the hard work they have put into the server thus far. Sadly, finding people as wonderful as them is not exactly easy. Our first round of gym-leader "apprentices" was mostly successful and we may consider bringing back pledge week in the not so distant future. As of now, we have two main staff concerns. Our first goal is to find dedicated and worthy players to lead our early gyms. To give users a better idea of when our gym-leaders can battle, we are hoping to set up a schedule of when each leader is usually available. Our second goal is to promote a few new Operators to help establish a better event system. (I'll get to the event info, don't worry!)

Server Popularity!
    As some of our older members may recall, we used to have quite a few more players on daily. At our peak, we had around ~60 on at max. While getting back to this number will obviously take some time, we know it is possible. We plan to build a few new wild warps and other points of interest to spread players out. The Magma and Aqua hangouts might also be getting an upgrade.

And for our Pokemaniacs out there - our Elite 4 is now undergoing construction! The members of it will consist of current active gym-leaders. We are still undecided about what to award victors, but I can ensure you that the prize will be worth the effort. ;) We will update information on the E4 as we decide on it.

Voting! (This system begins this month, so be sure to vote~)
    Voting already has some pretty nice perks, but we are hoping to expand on that to thank our dedicated users. Secondary voting rewards will work in two parts. They are listed below. (As a side note, both of these systems are subject to change, but the core idea will remain)

One of our ideas features the mighty power of raffles. Under this system, depending on how many votes you have at the end of the month, you will get a certain number of raffle entries. So, say you get one entry for every 8 votes. If you have 160 votes by the end of the month, you would get 20 entries. After all of the entries are listed, we will draw for prizes. The prizes will range from in game cash to legendary Pokemon. The more you vote, the better your chance to win!

Our other voting idea isn't nearly as developed, so we would appreciate feedback. As most of you know, your vote count goes up one for each time you vote. In total, you should be able to vote about eight times a day. Under this system, players could use their votes as a credit for receiving "crates." These crates would not be physical items, but instead handled by Operators. We would have multiple tiers of these crates, with increasing prices for the higher tiers. The idea here is that players can either save their votes for the raffle or take the chance on these crates. If you buy a crate, the cost of the crate will be subtracted from your total vote count. For those of you unfamiliar with the concept of crates, they are basically grab bags - there will be a variety of rewards in each of the crate tiers.

Donations!
    Donations have always been a sorta weird system, so here we are to revamp it once more. Our new system, like many of our new ideas, will work in multiple parts. The first part of the system will involve perks players get for donating. These perks would be mostly cosmetic - colored chat, nicknames, a special title, and perhaps more. These perks would be awarded based on the donation amount. We will make a new thread with more details later on.

We would also have actual prizes, but the way they will be awarded is not traditional. Our current idea is that when players donate, they are given a certain number of chances to win a prize. Instead of directly awarding prizes, which could get pretty boring, we are going to use a "mini-game" system so players, in a sense, can "pick" their own prizes. Under this new system (which is, of course, subject to change) the best prizes (such as shinies, legendaries, and server wise events) would be more difficult to get. Once set up, we will ask for feedback on the donor mini-game. If you are interesting in donating in the future, mention it to an OP and we'll offer you a glimpse at the game. Prizes would range from cash to items to Pokemon to server wide events (such as drop parties, double legendary spawning weekends, etc) "sponsored" by you!

Events!
    Finally, the part most of you are excited for~ Starting later this month, we are hoping to adapt a "calender" and have daily events on the server. I will not spoil all of the surprises, but some events you can expect are drop parties, raised shiny or legendary rate days, raised egg hatching/breeding days, boss parties, scavenger hunts, tournaments, and a bunch of small minigames players can compete in for points. These events will be hosted by an Operator if applicable. (if the event is something that requires an Operator) Combined with this, I am personally hoping to start the Pixelmon Olympics. To put it simply, the Olympics would comprise of several events with awarded points. At the end of the month, these points would be tallied up, and the winning team (Magma or Aqua) would receive a nice prize. If this gets support, I can expand on it some more.

Other!
    As always, we are looking for feedback and suggestions on announcements, plans, and the current status of our servers. Every bit helps, so share away! Something I would like to bring up is that I really hope we can strengthen team bonds and promote competition between the two. Other points brought up in our discussion included more forum activity, monthly agendas, and expanding our community to social media platforms, so be sure to be on the lookout! Thanks for reading all this! If you have any questions, comments, or concerns, post them here!
    Andilitox, TehW101P, Mac and 5 others like this.

hurtlocker74 New Member

Start a Conversation
    Message Count:
    Regarding voting; I believe you are already aware, but not all voting sites work for all users. Has that been fixed or do you plan on figuring it out on the downtime? Otherwise, many of the ideas (especially donate/voting) sound great and I can't wait to see them implemented. Is there any estimated date when the server will be fully up and running?
    • Community Manager

Sportsfan666 Community Manager

Start a Conversation
    Message Count:

I'm going to go vote now and remove any sites that don't work. Sethy also linked me to a new site that I will probably add. We don't plan on having any actual downtime for the server, but the work will be done gradually. The voting rewards will start this month and hopefully the events as well. Starting in May, we hope to have the entire system in place.

hurtlocker74 New Member

Start a Conversation
    Message Count:
    Thanks for the quick feedback, I just assumed the server was down because I couldn't connect earlier today.
    • Administrator

TheFoxin Founder of Acheron

Start a Conversation
    Message Count:
    Sounds cool!