Welcome to Acheron Gaming!
Forum software by XenForo

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user. Sign up or
Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions.

[2/22/15] Prepare for the Apocalypse! Updated 3/12~

Discussion in 'News' started by Sportsfan666, Feb 22, 2015.

• Community Manager

Sportsfan666 Community Manager

Start a Conversation
    Message Count:
    Here is a note before we get into the content of this thread - We apologize for the recent forum downtime. We are finally back thanks to the efforts of our forum host (Liam) and our amazing admin Andilitox. Andi has been with us for quite some time and he is always helping fix things behind the scenes. If you want to thank him for his efforts, leave a message on his page, or consider donating to the forums. You can find the donation page at the top by clicking on "donate." Thanks!

Now onto the thread! For those of you (mostly pixelmon players) who are unaware, we have an SMP server. SMP is survival multi-player, an unmodded server where the focus is to survive and thrive. Past attempts at revitalizing smp have been unsuccessful, but we have a new solution. Most players argue that smp is not challenging enough, or they get bored, or there is nothing to do. Our new aims to remedy those issues.

That is where the apocalypse comes in. Our new server will focus on rebuilding civilization after the monsters destroy it. Resources will be scarce - custom land generation will make it so you really need to work to get ores. Mobs will put up more of a challenge, both in strength in ability. Zombies will be able to break certain blocks, skeletons will be able to snipe from far away, and much more! We will also have custom quests and dungeons, complete with rare loot that you will not be able to find anywhere else.

Luckily for you guys, there is already a bit of a new government setup. The new spawn will be a safe zone that branches off to dungeons, exciting places, and other settlements. To reward previously active players, we will be offering a very special opportunity to play a bigger role on the server. To survive in this server, you will more than likely need to to create a town and live with others. A handful (between 3 and 5) of these towns will be "official" and be connected to the spawn through the use of various routes. Once the server grows, these towns will be able to become nations. The newly founded nations will have the opportunity to join with other towns to create a great new empire. If you are interested in being in one of these main towns, leave a message below! Towns will originally be limited to five players, but they will have the chance to expand to much more. If you want to be an official town, leave a message below with the players you want with you. If you want to be a member of one of these towns but you do not have anyone to be with, post here! Maybe someone could use you in their new city.
    There is a lot of information we have discussed regarding the founding of this new server. If you have any questions/comments/suggestions please post them below. Suggestions (example - suggestions for plugins) are especially welcomed so we can give you guys the best experience!

Update - 3/12/2015!
    Server development is coming along nicely. We plan to open soon (Hopefully this weekend) under a beta stage -- that is, people living in official towns and people who apply will be whitelisted. While we are under this beta period, players will give feedback on the server (glitches, suggestions, etc) and we will edit the server accordingly.

We still have a to due list before the server opens. This includes voting, setting up the ranking system, finishing the spawn, and a few other minuscule things. These will be worked on while the server is under the beta system.

Map wise, we have four towns claimed at this point. Orehunter, sethy1999, rainbowcat, and myself have chosen a town location. If you are not in a town with any of these people (and you would like to be) you need to message me on the forums or own skype. There are a few people who applied for towns, but they haven't received locations. We are only allowing one or two more towns, so be sure to message me as soon as possible! We have one town location that is open, and a second that might be a future site. If you want a town and want to scout the areas, message me. I know there are a few small groups that are interested in a town. You may need to join with another group to meet the player requirement.

Mark Wright New Member

Start a Conversation
    Message Count:
    I'm interested
    -MarcusWrighticus

mortedieu Member

Start a Conversation
    Message Count:
    Seth, King, Gap, Zap and I would like to be a town C:
    Sportsfan666 likes this.

OreHunter129 New Member

Start a Conversation
    Message Count:
    Diamond_Cake, IronBootz, one of his brothers(he didn't specify), Tsunamisensen, and I would like to be in a town.
    Sportsfan666 likes this.

knighs9 New Member

Start a Conversation
    Message Count:
    I do not have a group of people to start a town with(cause I have no friends...) but I would be interested in being a part of one.

Rainbowcat53 New Member

Start a Conversation
    Message Count:
    I want to be in a town with (these people want it to) Dragonsflame908, TwinHeadedDragons, icecreamsundee, and XGAMESWAGX!
    Sportsfan666 likes this.

Noah Rock New Member

Start a Conversation
    Message Count:
    I would like to be in a town with Hyperxhyper, awesomemarks (not sure what his full name is), and blue_sword74, that being said, we only have 4, if anyone wants to join us, just ask
    Sportsfan666 likes this.

Simba11-1 New Member

Start a Conversation
    Message Count:
    Im interested.

-I GOT NO PHANS
    • Community Manager

Start a Conversation
    Message Count:
    Updated! Be sure to read through the last through paragraphs.

Idiviniti New Member

Start a Conversation
    Message Count:
    I wanna pway.
    • Community Manager

Start a Conversation
    Message Count:
    SMP has already died again, but feel free to play on our pix server - pixelmon.acherongaming.com. It'd be nice to see you back :p

Idiviniti New Member

Start a Conversation
    Message Count:
    I can't... Says server is outdated
    • Community Manager

Start a Conversation
    Message Count:
    It's Pixelmon 3.4. MC 1.7.10