Welcome to Acheron Gaming!
Forum software by XenForo

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user. Sign up or
Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions.

(06/01/2014) The Future of Pixelmon. Updated 6/7

Discussion in 'News' started by Sportsfan666, Jun 1, 2014.

?

What should we bring over to the 1.7 map? (You can choose one option!)

Parties, inventories, and PCs. (Everything) 28 vote(s) 46.7%
PCs and Parties. 12 vote(s) 20.0%
Parties only. 4 vote(s) 6.7%
Parties and inventories. 2 vote(s) 3.3%
Inventories only. 2 vote(s) 3.3%
Nothing. 12 vote(s) 20.0%
    • Community Manager

Sportsfan666 Community Manager

Start a Conversation
    Message Count:
    Around the time Pixelmon is released for 1.7, we will be updating the server. With this, the map will be erased and we will move on to a new premade map. Along with the new map, we will be switching out Factions for Towny. We'll see how towny turns out - the idea is that we will have more cooperation between players. Most plugins will just be updated (Pex, LWC, etc) so Towny will be the main transition players will need to make.

And now for the part that is sure to cause a debate. With the new map, we have the option of carrying over player files. If you want to weigh in on this issue, please vote in the poll (above). You may also post in this thread, but do not argue with other players. The staff will have the final decision in these matters, but we will take the players' opinions into consideration.

And now to finish this thread (and the American colors) off, I felt that we needed this here to improve the 1.7 experience for our players. If you have any suggestions for the 1.7 world, feel free to post them here. If any players get enough positive feedback on their suggestions, the staff will consider implementing the suggestion. Just a note - any suggestions for mods will most likely be shot down.

DutchKiwi New Member

Start a Conversation
    Message Count:
    Americans aren't the only ones that can red-white and blue :D
    [IMG]

Also, is balance considered a part of inventory?
    Market123 and ~Lava like this.

kayyschnupp New Member

Start a Conversation
    Message Count:
    i say everything should be cleared since of all the glitches used to get op pokermans
    ~Lava and cerazyn like this.
    • Community Manager

Start a Conversation
    Message Count:

Balances will probably be reset regardless - the next economy is going to be heavily player based, so we can't have so much money in circulation.
    • Administrator

Chel Old Lady

Start a Conversation
    Message Count:
    I think the pokes should be reset for full experience; having all your legendaries/shinies and items in the new map kinda defeats the point imo
    chickensoup3 and Morgiepie42 like this.

raidenmgs2 New Member

Start a Conversation
    Message Count:
    the only reason the server needs a full reset is once you have done mostly everything the interest goes away, and that's why i left for a while

CaveExplorer713 New Member

Start a Conversation
    Message Count:
    I think you should add backpacks in the update, but that's just me lol

mortedieu Member

Start a Conversation
    Message Count:
    Well, I'm back from my leave.

I voted something else, but complete reset sounds fine to me. As Raiden said, the interest goes away if you already have everything you need.
    googlelot likes this.

Kishido New Member

Start a Conversation
    Message Count:
    I'm a busy person and do not want to have all my stuff reset. I'm sure a lot of people feel the same.
    Ender_Killer likes this.

guineapigMC New Member

Start a Conversation
    Message Count:
    i was really excited when i got my Rayquaza and i really dont want too loose her or any of my things i worked so hard on
    Ender_Killer likes this.

CaveExplorer713 New Member

Start a Conversation
    Message Count:
    Yeah same here I don't want to lose all my legendaries I worked so hard to get.
    All that time put into it.
    Ender_Killer likes this.
    • Sectional Moderator

Aaron Moderator

Start a Conversation
    Message Count:
    I agree with these two posts. There's really no point of going to a new map if you're gonna keep all of your Pokemon. I'm in favor of everything being reset.
    • Community Manager

Start a Conversation
    Message Count:
    06/07/14 Update - As of right now...

Parties will be transferred over for all donors and mods.
    PCs will be transferred over for GymLeaders.
    Inventories will be transferred for nobody.
    Ranks will be transferred for all ranks.
    Balances will be reset for everybody.

In regards to plugins...

Towny will replace Factions. For a fee (Undecided amount at this time) players can create their own town and invite whomever they wish.
    Signshop will be available to certain users to build their owns shops.
    LWC will still be enabled in the 1.7 world - Be sure to use it!
    Auctions will be reintroduced to the 1.7 server.

kayyschnupp New Member

Start a Conversation
    Message Count:
    all the people who voted to keep everything are to butthurt to relevel everything they own

raidenmgs2 New Member

Start a Conversation
    Message Count:
    Alright im happy with this i set the team the way i wanted it and am content with it

karmasassassin New Member

Start a Conversation
    Message Count:
    Personally, I believe both the player's parties and PC's should be transferred, but if not the PC's then at least their party. I don't have the ability to donate since I don't have any kind card to do so with, and I'm sure other younger players are in the same boat. Also, I have heard many people speak of leaving due to the loss of their progress. While I'm totally for a new map and starting over that way, I do believe it's not in the best interest to reset the players pokes. Many players such as myself spend hours searching for specific pokes to strengthen our parties. Also, if there's no remnants of the server or our progress, what would keep some faithful players from leaving? It would be no different than starting over on a completely new server, and would encourage leaving and going to a server they already started as there are many players who play on multiple servers such as myself.

raidenmgs2 New Member

Start a Conversation
    Message Count:
    i honestly think this is the only way for the server to balance out correctly and i'm happy by it. If players choose to leave its their choice, but then its them missing out on thing this server will undoubtedly become.
    googlelot likes this.

Wouter08082000 New Member

Start a Conversation
    Message Count:
    i hope everyone dont lose everything we worked so hard on everything

Ender_Killer New Member

Start a Conversation
    Message Count:
    We should at minimum be able to keep our Parties because for me personally I put in a lot of effort just to make a good Team.Since I came on I voted for the server almost everyday this means I support the server and not that I want everything I worked for to be taken away from me. I just put in a or of effort to get my mewtwo and I really don't want that taken away from me.

Ender_Killer New Member

Start a Conversation
    Message Count:
    Plus if you want to reset just dump all your pixelmon into the trash